Tuesday, May 19, 2015

So much for baking!

For the first time in my life I have tried to bake. I purchased 3 large Hass avocados and I was ready to make avocado egg for breakfast. 

The oven was Kenmore and it has the basic digital stuff. I preheated the oven to 425 mins which took about 10 mins and cut up my avocados and safely broke an egg and places it in the middle.

The recipe said 15 mins but I didn't want to eat raw egg whites and decided to so another 30.

Now for some reason it was past 30 mins and the Kenmore oven wouldn't shut off.

Panicking I decided to google it.

- how to turn oven off
- off switch button on kenmore oven
-kenmore oven doesn't shut off
-kenmore repair number 

I spoke to a not too helpful kenmore customer service agent who kept asking me the address and name of the oven owner. She wouldn't listen to me at all unless I gave her what she asked for. She then proceeded to tell me that the warranty was up and she could not help me.

I just wanted to turn it off.

So I read suggestions to turn the breaker off.

I've never done that in my life either, but right now I couldn't just let then oven cook everyone in the house.

I shut the breaker off for like a few seconds and came back to find the oven still acting up.

Finally decided to shut it down for good. Took several hours and I read up that I'm
Supposed to keep it shut off for at least half a hour. Turned it back on again and voila!

The kenmore oven finally shut up. I sure hope it was just trying to "clean".


No comments:

Post a Comment